Wednesday, August 21, 2013

FOOD VIDEO | PINK LEMONADE ICEBOX CAKE & FREE PRINTABLES

Pin It!
Pink Lemonade Icebox Cake | This sassy no-bake dessert will have everyone at your next book club raving! Click through to watch the food video.

Lovelies, I am so excited to share this Pink Lemonade Icebox Cake food video with you today. But I am even more excited to be guest posting over on The Alison Show, an amazing blog by an amazingly talented woman. Alison is a one woman extravaganza who constantly amazes me with her wit, sass, and crazy talent. I am beyond honored to work with her!

Alison and I wanted to combine two of our favorite things--books and baking--in an installment called Sweet Reads. Check out Alison's blog to see which book we love reading while eating this delightful treat. Just as a warning, you will be sucked into Alison's world of awesome. Don't fight it. Everything Alison does is gold but her Strawberries and Cream Trifle in particular makes me a weak in the knees.

As for this video, let me just say how happy icebox cakes make me. They are charming, easy, and you don't have to turn on the oven. Perfect for summer, or for pretty much any kind of celebration, you just can't go wrong with this. Did I mention how easy this is? Store bought cookies and heaps of cream cheese whipped cream. Done and done.

Get the recipe here!


For those of you stopping by from The Alison Show, welcome! I am so glad you are here. I hope you stay awhile and explore the goods here at Club Narwhal. You might also like my other food videos: Biggest Loser Pancakes 3 Ways and Eastern Market Panzanella


Finally, since I think you guys are just totally awesome, I made you two sweet printables inspired by this Pink Lemonade Icebox Cake. Click on the download button for the one (or both!) you fancy to get your very own. Seriously, I cannot thank you guys enough for being the best batch of readers a girl could wish for!


Free Printable | Sometimes You Just Have to Put On Lipgloss and Pretend to Be Psyched - Mindy Kaling | clubnarwhal.blogspot.com
 photo DownloadButton2_zps4e132d26.jpg
Free Printable | All You Need is Cake - clubnarwhal.blogspot.com

 photo DownloadButton2_zps4e132d26.jpg



17 comments:

  1. Um yum! That looks amazing. I'm like drooling on my keyboard.

    -Brittany Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Brittany! I sometimes think about this cake when I'm at work and drool a little, too :)

      Delete
  2. This video is so cute and I suddenly really want to go home and make an ice box cake! I've only had the chocolate cookie/whipped cream kind but this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! I love the chocolate cookie icebox cake, too, and this is a fun spin on it.

      Delete
  3. I have a few things to say here Amy.
    1) Wow!! that cake is beautiful! Love the color, the decor and everything about it.
    2) Allison's site is addicting. Thanks for the introduction.
    3) Your video is amazing!! I can tell you are having so much fun making them
    4) You love Mindy Kaling? Say what? We have to be best friends!! Love her and can live by her words! Totally printing that and hanging it up :)
    5) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zainab! I adore Mindy, too, and pretty much want to be her bff :) You are the best!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my daughter would absolutely LOVE this cake! I am pinning to make soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shari, you are so sweet. I hope your daughter likes it!

      Delete
  5. oh man, I really needed to see that Mindy quote right about now. Thanks my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, that quote is so necessary sometimes. You're the best!

      Delete
  6. Love love love... did I say love?? I love everything about this post!! I am going to use one of those printables as my iPhone background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aukele! I'm glad they made it to your iPhone :)

      Delete
  7. I've never had icebox cake before, but I REALLY think I need to now- looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaitlyn, icebox cake is soooo tasty! And really easy. Double win!

      Delete
  8. Yummy! I've never made or even tried an icebox cake- but this made me realize I need to get on it stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leia, you will be super impressed with how quickly it all comes together!

      Delete
  9. Oh, Amy! This is so awesome. I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS! The choice of music is especially great. You make cooking look fun, which I already know it is, but you know, a lot of people don't. ;) Your cake looks so delish, and I'm in love with the tassel bunting! A+ girl!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat--what's on your mind?